Hi, we are Affic! 👋
We’re building a company that aims to play a fundamental role in enabling tomorrow's workforce to work anywhere. We believe we’re in the very first innings of massive change that’s coming to how and where we work. Our goal is to support these changes by building the right solutions for tomorrow’s workforce.
We’re an experienced team of tech and workspace enthusiasts, who’ve worked on successful products before (Nvidia, Mollie, TNW, Tiqets). We like working collaboratively both in person and virtually, but we’re super flexible about when and where we work.
If you’re looking to join an early-stage tech company with big plans and want to help shape what the “infrastructure for the future of work” will look like, then join our team.
About the role
The products you’ll build will make it seamless for workspaces and platforms to connect. Currently, it can take weeks or even months for workspaces to connect to platforms, create commercial partnerships and share their data and inventory. We believe this can be reduced to minutes with the right tools and implementation. The impact you will have with your work will be profound.
The tools used on the team include - but not limited to - PHP 8.1, Laravel, PostgreSQL, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform / Pulumi, Gitlab CI, and Docker / Kubernetes.
As one of the earliest engineers on the team you’ll work on many sides of the product:
- Be involved and help lead in prototyping, developing, and releasing functionality on the platform
- Have a sweeping impact on how we scale and prioritise functionality in line with requirements from the business and partners
- Build upon all aspects of the platform, from the frontend to backend and infrastructure, along with defining our architecture
- Communicate with external stakeholders and partners, provide assistance with onboarding new clients and integrating with existing systems (property management tools, billing, alerting, among others)
- Help expand the engineering team with room to take on a leadership role
What you can expect from us
- We believe that you should take full ownership of your work and its impact. That’s why everyone at Affic is rewarded shares/stock options for their long-term contribution to the company.
- The freedom, responsibility, and autonomy around work, and room to grow your career.
- Flexibility in when and where you work. We have an office in the centre of Amsterdam where we can work together (but in this early stage of building our company we prefer to meet in person as often as possible - please note that we cannot sponsor visas).
- A membership at TNW, where you’ll be part of a community of other fast-growing tech companies.
- Experience with PHP and the Laravel framework (Symfony is also fine)
- Experience with front-end templating (HTML, CSS), preprocessors / frameworks (SCSS, Webpack, Tailwind), and SPA frameworks (Vue, React)
- Experience with working with third-party APIs
- You hold high standards in code quality and internal API design
- You possess fantastic communication skills. You're able to articulate what you're working on and why to the team in a clear and structured way.
- Not required, but a plus: Infrastructure experience (AWS/GCP, Terraform, Gitlab CI), databases and queues (PostgreSQL, Redis, Pubsub/Kafka), experience with event-driven architectures (EDA, Event Sourcing, Eventual Consistency).
Even if you don't meet all the qualifications, but are excited about the position, we'd love to meet you! We believe that anyone who is interested in a topic is able to learn.
Interested? Get in touch.
Interested to join our team? Great! We’d love to meet you. Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your motivation and we’ll set-up a meeting.
Your team ❤️
Previously, we've built things for Nvidia, Mollie, TNW, and a bunch of other startups, used by millions of people. Today, we’re building Affic with the support of investors who were once successful at companies like Uber, Google and Coolblue.